Course Meeting Times
Lectures: 2 sessions / week, 1.5 hours / session
This course provides students with an opportunity to explore concert repertoire for the solo artist with emphasis upon the works of African American composers and artists.
- Love of singing
- Good sight-reading skills
- Familiarity with the keyboard
- Daily vocalizing and practice of assigned repertoire
- Regular attendance and performance in class
- Rehearsals with the class accompanist
- Performance in the culminating recital
- The singer should always be prepared to provide sheet music for instructor and accompanist.